Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

TinyMCE - Add a class to a link

Go to End

3 Posts   2681 Views

steveforest

Community Member, 9 Posts

10 February 2012 at 11:14am

Hi,

How can I add a class on a link <a> with TinyMCE. The old version of TinyMCE on SilverStripe seems to have only a few options... I don't see any code pathway (like in Joomla, see attached file), to select the a and add the class with the 'Styles' drop down menu.

If I click on Edit link, there's no box to enter a class.

This will be a big problem because the person who will edit the site don't know anything about HTML, so it won't be possible for him/her to add it manually...

The community seems to agree on that fact that TinyMCE is hard to upgrade on a 2.4 install... I guess people are waiting for SS3!

An answer would be very welcome ;)

Best regards,

Steve

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

11 February 2012 at 5:38am

Hi Steve,

No, there is no pathway option like you mention. Afaik you can still select the link and drop a class from the styles dropdown. If the link-panel to the right is open, SilverStripe will automatically select the link if you touch it...

You're right: implemening a new version of TinyMCE would be especially tough, as SilverStripes image and link handling needs to hook into it...

steveforest

Community Member, 9 Posts

17 February 2012 at 5:11am

Hi Martimiz,

Thanks for the answer! Didn't notice that before and it works :)! Very happy to have a solution because the person who'll edit the site won't remember how to add a class in the HTML.

Best regards

Steve