Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to change default temp directory

Go to End

3 Posts   4286 Views

Bluedesign

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 February 2012 at 3:36pm

Edited: 23/02/2012 3:37pm

My Tech tells me that my issue with this software is that the same default temp directory is being used (/tmp/silverstripe-cache/) as a previously installed copy in the same server.

root@canto [/home/cmswebsi/public_html/SilverStripe-v2.4.7]# ls -ald /tmp/silverstripe-cache*drwxr-xr-x 2 prebble3 prebble3 4096 Feb 22 12:07 /tmp/silverstripe-cache/
drwxr-xr-x 2 cmswebsi cmswebsi 40960 Feb 22 14:09 /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-cmswebsi-public_html-SilverStripe-v2.4.7/
drwxr-xr-x 3 prebble3 prebble3 40960 Feb 22 12:30 /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-prebble3-public_html-SilverStripe-v2.4.7/

In order to have multiple installations on the same server, you will need to define a separate tmp directory for each installation (preferably in the home directory of the cPanel account). We are not 100% sure this is possible with this software package, so you will need to discuss this with the software developer if there are any issues configuring this.

Is it is possible with this software package to define a separate tmp directory for each installation (preferably in the home directory of the cPanel account)?

I am a novis at all this but my site is not working.

Chris_Bryer

Community Member, 35 Posts

23 February 2012 at 3:45pm

create a folder named silverstripe-cache and place it in your site's root, in the same directory as sapphire, cms, themes, etc. silverstripe will recognize this and start using that folder instead. do this for each site you have and you should be fine.

Bluedesign

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 February 2012 at 4:20pm

Thanks Chris.

Now on to the next step.