Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Version 3 Support?

Go to End

HeartlandTech

Community Member, 17 Posts

3 July 2012 at 2:02am

It's great to see the new version 3.0, and in my test environment it worked great. I went to the Extensions area and so far there are no modules (or even a change in the versions supported list) for the new 3.0 . . . which is ironic since it's been in Beta for so long . . . where are the modules that are ready?

Also, for anyone wanting to upgrade . . . there is differing info here and there on how that can be done. Since sapphire was renamed to framework, there is a past blog post discussing upgrading the release candidate by simply overwriting the current sapphire folder. It's very confusing because that won't work. In fact I think going from 2->3 will be the slowest and most painful transition given the number of modules that will be broken now. I spent four hours on Saturday trying to resolve issues and get a site to work . . . that was painful. I'm a programmer, but anyone else who is trying to do this is going to throw up their hands in frustration. Perhaps a "pre-check" function that would roll through modules and decide what needs an update BEFORE going to 3.0 would be good. As it is now, there are too many modules that will simply break.

Thoughts?