Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS 3.0 CMS Backend: no content shown, when clicking a menu-link.


Go to End


26 Posts   10928 Views

Avatar
Leon223

Community Member, 10 Posts

14 September 2012 at 2:33am

We finally found the solution to this problem, our server returned text/json;charset=UTF-8 for JSON responses.

To fix the problem, open /framework/admin/javascript/LeftAndMain.js and replace the following line:

if(xhr.getResponseHeader('Content-Type') == 'text/json') {

With:

if(xhr.getResponseHeader('Content-Type').indexOf('text/json')===0) {

Avatar
vwd

Community Member, 166 Posts

24 October 2012 at 4:13am

Edited: 24/10/2012 4:36am

Hi Leon223,

Thank you very much for posting the solution - we encountered the same issue of the server returning text/json;charset=UTF-8 for JSON responses. And your patch works.

Just wondering, have you submitted a pull-request for this fix?

I'm surprised more people aren't encountering this issue. Also, the description in Trac ticket #7708 doesn't quite seem to match up with what I was experiencing... content area wouldn't appear if any link, either on the left hand menu or the site tree were clicked. Would only appear after a full refresh. I guess that makes sense, as a full refresh isn't a JSON request and the issue is related to the JSON response Content-Type.

Thanks again.
VWD.

Avatar
illektr1k

Community Member, 6 Posts

26 October 2012 at 8:55am

Edited: 26/10/2012 8:55am

I'm still having this issue, latest stable @ 2012-10-26.

The code in /framework/admin/javascript/LeftAndMain.js has been updated to:

382                 // If content type is text/json (ignoring charset and other parameters)
383                 if(xhr.getResponseHeader('Content-Type').match(/^text\/json[ \t]*;?/i)) {

My server is replying with "Content-Type:text/json" but the TinyMCE content editor doesn't appear. Or it does, but only for a fraction of a second.

Avatar
bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

27 October 2012 at 2:09am

Have encountered this bug with my clients hosting environment, was driving us nuts! Thanks Leon223 for the patch which works like a charm. Hope the Silverstripe Dev team take note.

Cheers :o)

Avatar
snel

Community Member, 12 Posts

24 January 2013 at 8:08pm

After switching to nginx/php54-fpm configuration and upgrading to the latest silverstripe release (3.0.3) I have found a new problem with in the admin-section of Silverstripe. I think, it is related because the output in the browser is the same as posted some months ago (also see screenshot). Loading the "Products" -Tab admin-section is no problem until clicking within the form and thus firing a xhr request. Using firebug I found that the content-type of the returned data is set to text/html even though the returned content is json encoded. I alreday extended the mime.types of the nginx-configuration but had no luck. reloading the whole page fixes the prolem.

Can anyone tell where and if the content-type of the ajax-response is set within ModelAdmin? Or is there a problem with the nginx configuration? I have made a copy from http://sspaste.com/paste/show/505bf25860775

Avatar
prwodux

Community Member, 7 Posts

26 June 2013 at 9:42pm

I am having the same issue in admin side. Screenshot is attached.

Avatar
prwodux

Community Member, 7 Posts

27 June 2013 at 12:42am

Solved the issue.
Remove whitespace before an opening tag, or after a closing tag, in one of the project PHP files.(mysite/code/<php files>)

Avatar
RuthAdele

Community Member, 21 Posts

24 February 2014 at 12:57pm

Thankyou for the thread!!!

Had the same issue in 3.1.2 with uncle cheese's event calendar module. Turns out there was a space/line in one of the php files in the module.
Just submitted a request to fix it on github, hopefully not too many others are having the same problem!!

Thanks prwodux!