Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't list directories in Images -> Find in Folder

Go to End

5 Posts   1085 Views

bmh

Community Member, 5 Posts

28 August 2012 at 2:21pm

I've successfully inserted images into pages using the standard image upload feature of Silverstripe, however when I try to browser existing images to re-add them to other content pages, the Find in Folder select fails silently.

What I'm doing:

-- I have an image in the system already; I can see it in my Uploads directory, there is a record for it in my File table, I can add it to a content page

-- I open another page to edit in the CMS, click the Image button in the RTE, select the "From the CMS" tab, i see the 1. Find in Folder (choose) input field.

-- I click that Select field, and see the Uploads directory name, I click the Uploads entry in order to list it

-- I get a flash of the "Loading" gif, the Network tab tells me that a request is fired to /admin/pages/edit/EditorToolbar/MediaForm/field/Files but the select field goes back to saying (choose)

There are no javascript errors in the Console, I have Silverstripe dev mode on in my config and there are no PHP errors

I have this issue on a site i've been working on, as well as a fresh install of Silverstripe. I have set my uploads directory to 777 permissions (although I can already save images to it; i don't think it's a permissions thing)

If i inspect the response of the XHR /admin/pages/edit/EditorToolbar/MediaForm/field/Files, it is the whole contents of the Insert Media pop up (eg it starts off:

<form id="Form_EditorToolbarMediaForm" action="admi[...]

Is this a bug with Silverstripe? Anything else I can do to debug it?

bmh

28 August 2012 at 2:30pm

It may be unrelated, but let me add that I get a 404 error when I click the Choose field for:

/framework/admin/admin/images/textures/bg_cms_main_content.png

(note the double admin/ in the url)

I am using URL rewriting but it all appears set up totally fine; no other assets in the admin give 404 errors...

Even if i copy the bg_cms_main_content.png to that non-existent admin/admin directory the File browser doesn't work, so I dont think it's related...

thanks!

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

28 August 2012 at 6:28pm

Hi:
not sure if this will work, but try going to admin/assets/ then press " look for new files " or "sync files" for SS3 .. I had something similar a while back & i think this is how I got it fixed :)
GL

bmh

28 August 2012 at 6:42pm

Thanks for the suggestion; i've tried Files -> Sync Files (which I assume is what you're talking about). I also tried using the task: /dev/tasks/FilesystemSyncTask

It reported that a few new images were added the first time, but neither changed the faulty behaviour.

Any ideas? :)

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

30 August 2012 at 12:36pm

I am out of ideas :(
Just make sure you have SS3.0.1 (the cms in SS3.0.0 is buggy ) & if you have admin/admin in the URL that means something wrong happened while installing . Never had this error but try a re-install ! Just remove the _config from mysite & re-install using the same database so all it does is update it ( make a backup just in case ).

GL