Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe 3 External Search Recommendations

Go to End

4 Posts   1026 Views

svandragt

Community Member, 44 Posts

18 September 2012 at 9:41pm

Edited: 18/09/2012 9:41pm

I've been doing research on search products integration with SS3, for an intranet I am building for my organisation. I want to search over all pages and all linked documents (PDF, possible MS Office).

I've come across Lucene, Solr and Sphinx. Does anyone have experience integrating these with SS3, as all information and modules that I find are for SS2.

I'm not looking for any custom functionality or powerful deep customization really, if the built in search did documents then I would have happily used that. Any recommendations would be welcome, thanks.

I'm building on Windows / IIS / SqlServer in case that makes a difference.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

3 May 2013 at 9:24am

Hi there,

I just posted this exact same question. Did you ever find a solution to this?

svandragt

Community Member, 44 Posts

3 May 2013 at 6:22pm

Edited: 03/05/2013 6:23pm

Unfortunately not. I've had to launch the intranet without the search initially. I've since launched another site with the built in full text search but that doesn't index documents.

It would do a search again for GitHub SilverStripe search related repos and filter packagist for related packages, if you haven't already done so. If you do find a way of implementing this though I'm all ears.

I have since switched platforms though now running on apache / Ubuntu Linux.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

3 May 2013 at 7:52pm

Hi. I found the repo in the end. Haven't tried it yet however. Latest merge was 10 months ago.

See my thread here: http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/23625