Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Document Management

Go to End

13 Posts   5731 Views

SilverStripe

Community Member, 4 Posts

21 November 2012 at 3:12pm

Yes, it's time! Check out the community blog. Enjoy! And be sure to post any questions or comments.

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

21 November 2012 at 9:12pm

Wow whooooo :o)

Thanks for this one thing i will be asking for when i et a better grip on it is the ability to check a document out like a status maybe of a document for when people are making changes.

Any who i shall be downloading and playing today with a bit of luck.

again many thanks for this.

Mick

candidasa

Community Member, 10 Posts

22 November 2012 at 9:59am

Nice idea to add a "check-out lock" for documents. That isn't something that we would want to put into the core of the DMS system, but it is definitely something that would work as a plug-in. Are you up for creating this functionality?

The way to do it would be to use the SilverStripe extension mechanism:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/dataextension

You could create an extension that adds new $db fields with a variable for "document locked" and maybe a reference to the "Member ID" who holds the lock. Then you would create a method in your extensions like this:
public function updateCMSFields(FieldList $fields) {}

A method that overrides the CMS rendering and removes the "replace document" button if the lock is active. Perhaps replacing the button with a message like "User Mick has locked this document".

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

22 November 2012 at 9:55pm

Morning,

Agreed this wouldn't be core, I will have a play at seeing what I can come up with over the next week or so.

Cheers

Mick

RuthAdele

Community Member, 21 Posts

25 August 2015 at 2:52pm

@cumquat, did you ever get around to building this extension? I'd be keen to check it out if you did :)

Go to Top