Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Displaying assets problem

Go to End

2 Posts   784 Views

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

5 December 2012 at 6:19am

Hello,

I have a strange problem with displaying assets like documents in a new tab in SS2.4.7. I had this working and then the client wanted a different domain so I had to switch everything to a new location on the server so I could migrate. Now where I have instances of documents that need linking from text, they won't open when you click on them.

If I type the full path (http://www.mysite.com/assets/Uploads/file.pdf) into the browser it just comes back with a 404.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

Much appreciated

Harley

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

5 December 2012 at 12:21pm

This could be a million different things. And probably not Silverstripe related. The fact that you are getting a 404 suggests the files simply do not exist where the links say they do since the move. If you had a 40x (other than 404) or 50x error, you could at least say it was a config issue of some sort.

This could either mean the links are incorrect, or the files simply aren't in the expected location, if at all.

Do you have a link to a live site? Can you view any other type of file inside /assets?