Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Search questions

Go to End

2 Posts   636 Views

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

30 May 2013 at 9:20pm

I'm working on a project for a college using Silverstripe as the base. Part of the site will be a series of pages which list full time courses, to which the college want to add a search facility.

Here is where it (possibly) becomes complicated: they're not too fussed about the ability to search the rest of the site, and have some specific requirements with specific search-terms (say 'football') showing specific results (say the 'NVQ Sports' page).

Because of this I have two questions:

• Is it possible for the search functionality to be limited to a single set of pages and/or page types?
  • If I was to add an extra field (called, say, 'keywords') to each full time course page, would silverstripe's search facility use it results?

Thank you

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

4 June 2013 at 2:13pm

Hi Lime Blast,
I'm not too sure about the default SS search system. But it should be easier enough to Build your own search form that search on some specific fields. You can then write a custom query in the form controller performs a fuzzy search over your custom fields.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/fulltext-natural-language.html