Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I can't login to admin interface

Go to End

12 Posts   9441 Views

krzepa

Community Member, 5 Posts

5 June 2013 at 12:00am

SS 3.0.5 with translatable module, generally worked fine until I've deleted all content from silverstripe-cache directory.
In particular I can log in but I'm always redirected from /admin, /dev/build, etc. to login page /Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin%2Fpages with information that I'm logged and I can login as some else. Any idea how to fix it?

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

5 June 2013 at 6:44pm

Have you tried hitting /?flush=all to rebuild the cache?

krzepa

5 June 2013 at 8:07pm

Sure... it didn't help. I've also checked other clues from this forum related to similar problem but with no progress.
I wondered what happens with older SS so I deleted manually all cache files from site build on SS 2.4.
It works fine I still can access admin area in SS 2.4.
Generally site on 3.0.5 works fine but it seems that back-end lost his cms module...

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

6 June 2013 at 11:09pm

Could it be that you changed or added something earlier, without flushing, so the old cache was still disregarding the changes, and now it doesn't anymore, resulting in some error?

Did you try a /dev/build/?flush=1

Did you put your site in dev mode - that might give you a hint...

Martine

krzepa

7 June 2013 at 7:53pm

I cannot see any errors, dev mode on.
I use build and flush rather regularly after changes.
I deployed SS 3.0.5 site on some server without any problems after some time I deployed it on the other one
and there was no access to admin area. I wondered what happened after comparing server configuration, etc.
I deleted cache files from the first server. Now on both I can't access admin area :-/

beren

Community Member, 9 Posts

18 June 2013 at 11:05pm

have you been able to fix your problem?
Got similar problem.

I can access the admin site but when I am doing mysite/?flush=all , SS wants me to log in as Administrator even tho I am logged as one.
My Admin have checked Full administrative rights on Permissions tab (all others are red but Admin rights should be enough?)

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

7 October 2015 at 4:26am

Did any of you guys get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same issue - all was fine when SS was running in a subfolder on the remote host (/preview) but since going live (moving all the files out to the root folder) there have been a few issues, mainly people having problems logging-in (exactly how you've described it... not redirecting to the admin/pages area, and just saying "You are logged in as ..." when you try to go there.

I've removed RewriteBase /preview from the .htaccess and the front-end website is fine.

Strangely it will let me in only if I tick the 'Remember me next time' when logging-in ... so it must have something to do with sessions? Perhaps it's not saving to the silverstripe-cache folder for the tmp files like it was previously?

Any ideas?

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

7 October 2015 at 8:36am

Hi Neilcreagh,

Have you checked your .htaccess file and made sure you havent got something rewriting to a subfolder?

It will need to be something like:

SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase '/'

-helenclarko

Go to Top