Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I can't login to admin interface

Go to End

12 Posts   9463 Views

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

7 October 2015 at 9:02am

Thanks for that - I was using the default .htaccess that came with 3.1.13. I've tried it with no RewriteBase and also RewriteBase '/' and RewriteBase / ...but no change.

Everything else seems ok - and bizarre that it lets me log-in with 'Remember me next time' ticked but not without it. !?

Vickula

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 October 2015 at 12:17pm

Am having a similar problem - I've tried putting in dev mode to dev/build and flush the site but am still redirected from admin/pages to Security/Login where I am logged in to the frontend. Have chmod 777 the folder where session paths are saved, checked the .htaccess file. Checked the database for anything untoward! I have no errors on the page in dev mode but I just can't access the backend!
Just don't know what else to try!

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

19 October 2015 at 8:59am

Hi all,

you could try adding the following into your _config.php file

Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password');

This should allow you to login to the CMS with username: admin and password: password (change it to whatever you see fit).

You should then be able to run your dev/build?flush=1 and check on your admin users/create new admin.

-helenclarko

Vickula

Community Member, 5 Posts

19 October 2015 at 11:04am

Thanks Helen I tried that but still couldn't run dev/build?flush=1. The only way I can run that is by putting the site in dev mode but even after doing that I can still not get to the admin pages even with the DefaultAdmin details!

Go to Top