Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Filetype uses wrong template file

Go to End

3 Posts   1045 Views

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

25 July 2013 at 2:04am

I've got a pagetype called Map.php and it uses the default Page.ss Template and an adjusted Layout.

Now I made a copy of Map.php (Map_FB.php which extends Map.php) and made a Map_FB.ss in my templates folder.
That way I can remove the header and footer and put that Map into an iFrame on Facebook.

But the page I created in the CMS still uses the default Page.ss template, not the Map-FB.ss template file.
I flushed the cash, deleted the file and recreated it. But with ?showtemplate=1 it shows me SS uses the page.ss file.

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

29 July 2013 at 2:37pm

I haven't tried, but the problem is probably be the underscore _

Try renaming your the class in your php file to MapFB and your template MapFB.ss

Templates with _ in the name relate to the page type, then an action on the class - PageType_PageAction.ss.

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

12 August 2013 at 5:03am

Hi and thanks for your reply. Think I missed the email notification for this.

I am now using the renderwith function and that works. But I'll try to remove the underscore and see if that works.
I wasn't aware of that. Couldn't find it the docs. Do you have a link for me?