Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Uploads "Files and Images"

Go to End

GBrazil110

Community Member, 1 Post

31 August 2013 at 8:53am

Hi All,

Being a complete newb to Silver Stripe I hope this is not the most dumb question you have seen in this forum but here goes....

I am using the Files and Images section in SilverStripe3.03 but when i select an image from my PC to add to the site and press upload the progress bar completes and goes all blue and says PROCESSING but doesnt do anything else. I've left it for a few minutes but it just still does not complete or give me any indication that the file has been added.

I've tried to understand some other comments from users but they talk about adding modules to fix this sort of thing, but that has me baffled.....

I can see that some users resort to using an FTP client for their uploads but when i try this i get no joy either because the client wont accept the same log on creds that i use to get into the CMS. Are there any specific settings I should change when setting up the connection? I can see things like "Use Secure MD4/5" what is this?

Please send me non-sarcastic replies, i cant take this pain any longer...

THanks