Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS3 CMS Problems / Bugs ?

Go to End

2 Posts   1559 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

2 September 2013 at 2:31am

Hi,
for the past 2 days i have been trying to get SS3 (3.0.5 & 3.1 RC1) but I got many problems. In general, most of the problems are "not moving to the next page/step when an object/page is created". I will provide more details below:
1- When I create a page, the CMS doesnt move to the "Page Edit" & it gets stuck on the "Add new page" Page (URL = admin/pages/add/)

2- When I manage an object with ModelAdmin , It gets stuck on creating the object & doesnt go to the "Object edit" screen.
I get this error in Firebug Console:
Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression:
http://localhost/_my_projects/SS3/SS_3-0-5/assets/_combinedfiles/lib.js?m=1378043518
Line 32

3- When i'm moving in the CMS sections, like from Pages to Files to Security ; sometimes it doesnt move to that page. Like clicking the "File" tab has no effect until I refresh the page. (I noticed this bug happens on Sections with GridField in them, like Files & Security most of the time ? I could be wrong)

This is test was on
- Local XAMPP server on Windows 7 . I had many previous installs of SS2.4 to SS3 beta with no problems.
- Firefox 23 & quick test on Chrom (got the same results)
- Using fresh install of both SS3.0.5 (stable) & SS3.1 RC1

Anyone having these problem & how can we fix them. Please ask if there is anymore info that I can provide to help us fix this problem.

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

2 September 2013 at 3:11pm

Ok, for anyone having a similar problem, all this was due to a "space' before the <?php tag in one of my classes. :(