Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't Open/Edit pages in the Admin & Other Issues

Go to End

5 Posts   1911 Views

juneallison

Community Member, 110 Posts

16 September 2013 at 4:59am

Hi,

I recently moved a site from a demo server onto my own computer for continued local development. My local copy appears to operate correctly for the most part but I've run into a few problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1. My biggest issue at the moment is that I can't edit most pages via the admin interface. I have one page that will open for editing but I can't see how that page is different from any of the others. When I try to click a page in the site tree I get an error message like this: Notice at line 173 of ....framework/dev/Deprecation.php ...and the page does not open for editing.
2. Backing up a step the regular admin url doesn't work. I should be able to type in mysite.com/admin ... instead I have to type in mysite.com/index.php/admin ... to get the admin login screen. I think I've previously read that this has to do with the mod rewrite rules. Looking at my rewrite rules they look like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase '/'
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.php$
#	RewriteRule .* framework/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
</IfModule>

I commented out the last one because that was causing errors. So may its a matter of troubleshooting that rewrite error first. If I leave that line in I get the following error: The requested URL /framework/main.php was not found on this server. ..even thought that file is in the framework directory.

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

June

Bereusei

Community Member, 96 Posts

18 September 2013 at 2:10am

I think the system can´t interpret the RewriteBase '/' on line 4 which says the "website" sit on the root.
I don´t know how it should look, if your website sit on your own computer.
Maybe it is something like this:

RewriteBase 'http://localhost/mysite/articles/'

juneallison

19 September 2013 at 1:29am

Bereusei - Thank you! That solved the index.php issue. I can now use the regular admin url.

I'm still getting the "Notice at line 173 of ....framework/dev/Deprecation.php" error for many pages in the admin, but maybe I'm a step closer to getting the issue resolved.

Thanks!

juneallison

19 September 2013 at 2:07am

To give more information on not being able to edit pages in the admin. Pages that don't have any module associated with them seem to open fine. Pages that do use a module or custom field of some sort will not open and present an error message. I do have one page that uses the userforms module and that page seems to open ok.

I might also note that I'm able to access all of the pages without a problem on the demo server. So maybe there is a difference in server configuration that is causing the issue?

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue would be great.

Thank you!

juneallison

22 September 2013 at 10:18am

I'm not sure this gets to the root issue, but to give an update, if I remove Director::set_environment_type("dev"); from my config file I can open and edit the pages I was previously having trouble with.

Thanks!

June