Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Spam protection

Go to End

4 Posts   725 Views

kindleman.com.au

Community Member, 70 Posts

26 September 2013 at 6:21pm

I can't get any of the spam protection modules to show a captcha / maths test etc for page comments.

I have a default install of the comments module, spamprotection module & iv'e tried the mollum, recaptcha and maths spam protectors

I'm setting the site config like this:

SpamProtectorManager::set_spam_protector('MathSpamProtector');

and setting the various api keys. dev/build/flush=all and testing in a different browser so im not logged in as admin. Iv'e cleared the cache and have the site in dev mode.

At no point has any spam protection shown up. I know it dosn't by default with mollum so i tried to trigger it with some nice spammy looking content - no dice. The mollum report dosn't get listed in the admin/reports area either.

what am i doing wrong here? I must be missing something in setting up the base spamprotection module right? but what?

kindleman.com.au

26 September 2013 at 7:16pm

should have mentioned: i'm on SS 3.1

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 September 2013 at 5:10pm

Make sure you have added the optional extension CommentSpamProtection to the CommentingController class.

kindleman.com.au

28 September 2013 at 5:35pm

yep thanks. simon on irc directed me to the module config file where that was demonstrated.

CommentingController::add_extension('CommentSpamProtection');