Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Internal Server Error when trying to delete an entry

Go to End

Parker1090

Community Member, 46 Posts

11 October 2013 at 11:21pm

Hello,

I'm using 3.0.5, and currently using the ModelAdmin for several data objects which is great (makes life a heck of a lot easier).

However, I want to prevent deletion of certain items, so have put the following:

public function canDelete() {
		return false;   
   }

While on the main view this removes to delete icon, when you click into an record it still shows a delete button. When you click it, it shows 'Internal Server Error', and generates the following:
[Fri Oct 11 10:50:41 2013] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function message() on a non-object in /silverstripe_folder/framework/forms/gridfield/GridFieldDetailForm.php on line 454

On top of that, the function "canDelete" only appears to work on one of several data objects. Any suggestions on either of these please, as I'm a bit baffled!

Thanks in advance!