Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Slow Admin

Go to End

2 Posts   723 Views

RayRay

Community Member, 1 Post

26 October 2013 at 2:57am

Edited: 26/10/2013 3:28am

We have just had a fab new business website made with Silverstripe. I can do website admin from anywhere but it is impossible to do in the office where we obviously need to do it most. Logging on is quick but when I try to move between pages it just slows down to an impossibly slow speed that the admin pages just won't open up at all (box with 3 dots in just stays on screen). Having very little knowledge of these matters I would have assumed that my problem was in my broadband speed - it can take over 3 minutes to send a 12Mb email though. I have just tested our broadband speed as download 8.23 and upload of 1.02. Can anyone please tell me if it is a broadband problem? I have tried both wired and wireless computers in the office and with the same slow result. It is just impossible to administer our website from our premises. I have to do it all at home which isn't a satisfactory solution. I know this isn't a Silverstripe problem but would really appreciate any suggestions.

martbarr

Community Member, 59 Posts

26 October 2013 at 11:41am

Hi, I'd start by clearing my browser cache, and running browser in safe mode or at least disabling as many addins as poss.
You are using Firefox?
Next would run ccleaner to delete temporary crud.
Assuing you are on pc....
That does it for me.

Martin