Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Secondary independent menu

Go to End

4 Posts   1375 Views

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 November 2013 at 7:16am

Hello everyone,

I am migrating my site to SS and trying to add secondary menu apart from main one ( Home, Career, About us, Contact). I'm a bit new to silverstripe and can't find a solution/advice that will simply explain a walk through. Particularly, when I am adding new pages through CMS, links to them are listed all together in a website

<% loop $Menu(1) %>
<li><a href="$Link" title="$Title.XML">$MenuTitle.XML</a></li>
<% end_loop %>

What I need is a secondary independent menu that would list only particular page links, something like "Show in menus?" option in CMS page settings..I've tried adding a custom field to page object via MySQL and to filter it with "IF" statement in above loop but no use..

Thanks for any help

Attached Files

Community Member, 349 Posts

3 November 2013 at 9:45am

Have u tried this - Menumanager - i have used it in some websites:

Arvixe Web Hosting / SilverStripe Community Liaison | Looking for quality SilverStripe Web Hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!

Community Member, 3 Posts

4 November 2013 at 9:28am

Webdoc thanks!

Works as expected.

Installation steps just in case:
Put "silverstripe-menumanager" and "silverstripe-gridfieldextensions" in root folder of your Silverstripe.

Rebuild the db - http://localhost/your-site/index.php/dev/build?flush=1

There might be some errors during rebuild, asking to change Private declaration to Public. I didn't went too deep for the reason but it worked.

After db rebuild you must have extra item in CMS called - Menu Management. Works pretty simple and intuitive. I've created 2 menu sets and associated my pages to them accordingly. You can nest them in layouts by:

<% loop $MenuSet('your_menu').MenuItems %>
<li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="გადადით $Title.XML გვერდზე">$MenuTitle.XML</a></li>
<% end_loop %>

As you see $MenuSet('your_menu').MenuItems is used instead of $menu(1).

Thanks Again

Attached Files

Community Member, 2 Posts

29 June 2016 at 4:11pm

if using composer installing just menu manager it will install gridfieldextensions automatically