Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Trouble uploading pictures to the file manager

Go to End

4 Posts   1104 Views

haugen

Community Member, 14 Posts

13 December 2013 at 1:29am

Edited: 13/12/2013 1:30am

I have a site in production. It was upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1, and moved from a test server to a production server, with different domains.

Now, I cannot upload files. When I'm in the file manager, the "drop file here" doesn't show, and no errors are given. I haven't logged errors and warnings yet, this is dumb. I will do it after this post and update it with my findings. But, when I change the environment type from live to dev, the "drop file here" appears, and I'm allowed to upload files. The Assets folder was copied from the 3.0 installation and synced. It has the appropriate permissions.

A /dev/build has been run.

In advance, thanks for the reply!

Update: No errors logged.

Bereusei

Community Member, 96 Posts

14 December 2013 at 8:40pm

Did you check the file permissions from the assets folders? Chmod of every folder and subfolder in assets/ must be 777.

haugen

18 December 2013 at 10:28pm

Edited: 19/12/2013 1:16am

The assets folder and its content does not have 777, and that they must be 777 is false. 755 with apaches user as owner should be sufficient.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

haugen

11 January 2014 at 2:00am

Anyone else experience something similar, or know what's up? Much appreciated. I don't want to manually upload files for my client forever. Maybe I should try reinstalling Silverstripe.