Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[SOLVED] Showing the user a friendly validation error in OnBeforeWrite

Go to End

15 Posts   4041 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

20 February 2016 at 1:50am

Thanks @martimiz :)

and @Spambanjo I've emailed Cam about this as he manages the awesomeness (or perceived lack there of) around here

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

20 February 2016 at 2:13am

@swaiba - ah well, I just mentioned it on the dev group, double effort, can't miss :)

Spambanjo

Community Member, 24 Posts

21 February 2016 at 2:02am

Oh excellent news!

I've just reread my post and I'm sorry if I came off a but sharp there. I was having a bad day in the office and I think I was ready to explode by the time I got here! I probably could have made my point a but less vitriolic couldn't I?

I honestly do appreciate what you guys do for the community!! Believe me, any frustrations I voice are manifested from my deep love for all things Silverstripe <3

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

21 February 2016 at 4:43am

No problem - we all know days like that, don't we. And I didn't really think it thát vitriolic anyway :)

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

22 February 2016 at 8:58am

Hey all, appreciate the head up on these. Seems the automagic redirection SilverStripe CMS does when the sitetree gets a move about is giving us a bit of grief.

I'll be putting in some rewrite patterns today for all the old forum in coming links. eg. /general-questions/* should now go to /community/forums/* etc (those of you that remember the days of SilverStripe 2.3 will remember when we only had flat information architecture! The good? ole days lol)

camfindlay

22 February 2016 at 10:02am

Here's a lovely gnarly rewrite rule to catch all the old forum URLs and redirect to the new places, would appreciate a look over from you guys.

RewriteRule ^(installing-silverstripe|hosting-requirements|upgrading-silverstripe|general-questions|releases-and-announcements|blog-module-forum|e-commerce-modules|forum-module-forum|dataobjectmanager-module-forum|payments-and-payment-gateway-apis|all-other-modules|themes-2|widgets-2|migrating-a-site-to-silverstripe|customising-the-cms|data-model-questions|template-questions|form-questions|showcase-questions|content-editor-discussions|connect-with-other-silverstripe-members|archive)/show/([0-9-]+)/?$	/community/forums/$1/show/$2 [R=301,L] 

camfindlay

22 February 2016 at 12:02pm

Should now be fixed in production. Please let me know if you find any others.

Go to Top