Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Security/login?BackURL=

Go to End

Martinjj

Community Member, 12 Posts

31 December 2013 at 11:43pm

Edited: 02/01/2014 6:36am

Using a custom template for login from the homepage i have found that when a user clicks login link they can login but it redirects to a 404 page not found, however if in my browser i type in silverstripe.local/admin/ then it takes me to my login template which isdown to the the BackUR=%admin% which is applied, i can then be directed directly to my admin page. (which for me as admin is not an issue).

To get around the 404 issue i have set my Login link to go directly to users own account page, because it is a protected page i can then hold the BackURL=%account% and once the user logs in they are then redirected to their account page, which is all well and good because this is the exact action i wish for, however is there a more semantic way of doing this?..

As it is it is not a real issue as the way it functions now is how i would wish it too any way, but i would much rather prefer that it can be fixed by what i would call a proper way (using a function), Docs on security/login seem pretty sparse on this aspect.

EDIT:
and as a footnote has anyone got a reference to guide me to that would explain how to include both a log in form and registration form onto security.ss

Regards
Martin