Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Finished tutorial...now what?

Go to End

4 Posts   2093 Views

SugarMtn

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 December 2008 at 9:23am

I am really like SS. But I am missing something I guess. I got a new hosting account, installed SS from the web hosts installer, and have gone completely throught the tutorial. Everything works great, but everything is in 'tutorial'. I don't find clear steps on moving what I developed so far from 'tutorial' to 'mysite'. I want to be able to implement some of the downloadable themes. Also my 'mysite' folder does not contain a _config.php file. Obviously I am a major noob but love what I see. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

22 December 2008 at 9:31am

Just move everything in the tutorial folder to /mysite/ and flush and rebuild (db/build?flush=1)

This seems to be a bit of a secret - but there isn't anything special about the mysite folder. Any subfolder with a _config.php is built into your site =)

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

22 December 2008 at 10:35am

Though, if you move _config.php out of tutorial, you must edit it to change the $project variable from tutorial to mysite, or you'll get warnings at the top of ever page.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

22 December 2008 at 11:17am

Ah, forgot about that.

Made me think though... its only really important use is in ManifestBuilder for template precendence, no? Perhaps there is an argument for making it a static var of ManifestBuilder instead.

Maybe a discussion for the dev group.

Regards,
Hamish