Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't build template for the home page

Go to End

12 Posts   4866 Views

Three Dog

Community Member, 6 Posts

8 January 2009 at 8:55am

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=debugging#dev_mode says that by default, sites running on localhost are set in dev mode. And my site ran on localhost.

sasky

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 January 2009 at 5:27pm

Hey I have this problem too, and i think it is because the tutorials folder does NOT contain a config.php file,
so I went into the mysite folder, where there is one, and copied and pasted it into the tutorials folder.

Now I dont know what that php means. The only thing I changed was the line at the top from

global $project;
$project = 'mysite';

to

global $project;
$project = 'tutorial';

it kinda worked, as in it made the homepage table. but it got confused because it said i have two page files

Warning: Warning: there are two 'Page' files both containing the same class: 'C:/wamp/www/SilverStripe-v2.2.3/tutorial/code/Page.php' and 'C:/wamp/www/SilverStripe-v2.2.3/mysite/code/Page.php'. This might mean that the wrong code is being used. in C:\wamp\www\SilverStripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 253

so how do you point the config file towards the tutorial folder?

please update silverstripe so the right config folder appears in the tutorial folder, because this is creating a lot of confusion.

am I right with this analysis?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 January 2009 at 6:03pm

If you install SS and what do run through the tutorial then make sure you select the 'Tutorial' theme option on the install screen. Depending on whether you install with the 'BlackCandy' or the 'Tutorial' theme options determines where SilverStripe creates the _config.php file. If you want to swap between the 2 make sure you copy the file as you have done and edited the $project var but you also need to remove the old _config file (eg the one in mysite if you want to use the tutorial code'.

This has been tidied up in 2.3. All the code (tutorial or not) will be stored in mysite so you won't need to worry about it once that gets released and we will update the tutorials then.

sasky

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 January 2009 at 7:44pm

oh ok great, that helps.

I think I did choose the tutorial option when installing though. But maybe I didn't.

Cheers

Go to Top