Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Community Showcase Editing/Removing

Go to End

9 Posts   3438 Views

michaek

Community Member, 7 Posts

3 January 2009 at 4:40am

Hi, SilverStripe folks. I'm thrilled with your product, and I recently posted a site my company developed to the community showcase. Unfortunately, something wasn't quite right the first time I posted, but it seems there's no way to make changes (or remove a showcase entry) once you've submitted. The showcase is littered with duplicates, as a result, which doesn't put the best face forward for the product. I hope there's a simple solution, as I'd love to be showcasing only what I intend to, and not a history of my every publishing mistake. Thanks!

Roweena

Community Member, 28 Posts

16 May 2009 at 10:03pm

Hi,
Did you work out how to remove showcase postings? I want to replace an image I put up as it's not been resized very well by the ss showcase uploader.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 May 2009 at 11:59am

If you are logged in and view your showcase on the page you should see delete and edit links after your sites description. You can use these to delete / edit the entry respectively.

Roweena

19 May 2009 at 3:16am

Yes I can see those (I'm not that stoopid) ;-) but when I click delete I get an error as follows...

Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

Willr

19 May 2009 at 11:26am

Hi Roweena,

I will investigate the issue and let you know when its working

Willr

19 May 2009 at 1:42pm

Should be working now. Let me know if you have any issues with it

Roweena

19 May 2009 at 11:02pm

Fab, thanks so much for sorting that out so quickly :-)

Webbower

Community Member, 10 Posts

8 November 2010 at 7:27pm

I just ran into this problem too. I needed to remove a showcase entry as the site got pulled down due to some issues with the client. The method of having to find your showcase entry in the sea of showcases rather than being able to have direct access to it from your profile to edit/delete it is kind of silly. Recommend some UX improvements.

Go to Top