Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

multisites possible?

Go to End

107 Posts   35710 Views

michelsteege

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 October 2012 at 2:23am

I know this is an old topic but has anyone done this with silverstripe 3?
I have symlinks to the framework, themes and cms folder and it kinda works except for the admin, the admin loads but when i click anything in the sitetree or menu the url updates but the page does not

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 October 2012 at 3:30am

Hi!

It’s working here, with both 2.4, 3.0 and master versions of everything managed through Git. Your issue looks JavaScript-related, I’d start debugging there.

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 3:55am

How did you achieved it?
I just added symlinks to the cms, framework and themes folder, added the FollowSymLinks option in the htaccess file and installed it.
I can see the ajax request for the admin pages and the result that is working great only thing it does not do is update the page :)

Juanitou

18 October 2012 at 4:49am

I don’t know… I recall being obliged sometimes to reload the page for updating it, but I cannot reproduce it, and for the actual site I’m developing I use the 3.0.2 tags of framework and cms, because the master branches have bugs in the CMS interface. What version are you using?

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 7:31pm

I use version 3.0.2
Yesterday evening i tried it on a different server (localhost xampp) and did the follow:

-made two folders test01 and ss3
-First copied everything in the test01 folder
-Installed silverstripe
-Moved the cms, framework and themes folders to the ss3 folder
-Created symlinks to those folders
-Added the symlink option to the htaccess

After that i got this error: SilverStripe Framework requires a $databaseConfig defined.

It think it is looking in the wrong folder for the config file but i am not sure why?

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 8:00pm

Little update,

If i add a _ss_environment.php file in the ss3 folder containing this code:

define('BASE_PATH', rtrim(dirname(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])), DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR));

Then it works except for the admin, there if have the same problem as before again

Juanitou

18 October 2012 at 8:44pm

Yes, in the SS3 folder you need a _ss.environment.php file with the BASE_PATH and the database credentials.

Then, for each “project” folder:
– Copy assets, mysite and themes folders from the SS3 install.
– Copy also the .htaccess file (after installing the SS3 environment) and modify the RewriteBase directive.
– Make the symlinks to cms and framework.
– In mysite/_config.php, delete all mention of $databaseConfig and Director::set_dev_servers, and instead make sure that you file starts like this:

<?php 

global $project; 
 $project ='mysite'; 

global $database; 
 $database ='(databasename)'; 

// Use _ss_environment.php file for configuration 
 require_once("conf/ConfigureFromEnv.php");

Then you just point your browser to something like “localhost/project_folder/dev/build” and you are ready to go!

Hope it helps,
Juan

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 9:54pm

Yes it works! thanks for your help!