Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

error Cannot write manifest file!

Go to End

5 Posts   4583 Views

pjssms

Community Member, 49 Posts

9 January 2009 at 1:02am

Hello,

How do i fix this error ?

Everything was working ok before.

I have added some mutilingual funcionalities yesterday. What can this be ? What should i check ?

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-one100mp-public_html/manifest_home_one100mp_public_html_sapphire_main.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/one100mp/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 198
Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-one100mp-public_html/manifest_home_one100mp_public_html_sapphire_main.php

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

15 March 2009 at 10:29am

I am running into the same issue. I didn't change anything, but now after I run the install, I get the same error. Someone please help!

Installing SilverStripe...
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
Creating /home/homering/public_html/mysite/_config.php
Creating '.htaccess' file...
Creating /home/homering/public_html/.htaccess
Building database schema...
Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-homering-public_html/manifest_home_homering_public_html_sapphire_main.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/homering/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 198
Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-homering-public_html/manifest_home_homering_public_html_sapphire_main.php

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

15 March 2009 at 1:51pm

Create a folder called "silverstripe-cache" along side sapphire, cms, jsparty, etc, and make sure that it can be written by your webserver.

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

15 March 2009 at 2:54pm

Thank you Sam!

That worked the first time. I was really bumming on this off and on all day. Thank you again!

Steve

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

17 February 2010 at 8:47am

Interestingly I got this error (or a blank page with a 500 Internal Server Error response) on two different windows machines (2003) with iis6.

I had to add security permissions for IUSR_[computer name] manually to get it to work. As soon as it worked once I then removed this addition and IIS would inherit the permissions as per normal. Strange.

This happened when I copied a newer version of my website over an old copy. All good now.