Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Why does the site wtop to work?

Go to End

4 Posts   1989 Views

samadeus

Community Member, 27 Posts

12 January 2009 at 2:50pm

Hello

I have finished the building of my site, i have a domain up and ready, so i thought the last stage would be a peace of cake, just replacing the files from the installation folder on the server, and copy it to the www root folder and the site is on.

But it doesn't work! why? even when i just change the name of the installation folder that contains SILVERSTRIPE CMS files the site doesn't work!

Please help,
Thanks in advance.

(Btw, how can i enter a html code like embade paypal or google calendar in this CMS? i tried to embade by just pasting the code to a page type and it shows the HTML rabish on the front site.)

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

12 January 2009 at 3:17pm

to display some HTMLs, you can use the HTML Content Widget http://silverstripe.org/HTML-Content-Widget/

Can you check whether your database setting are correct. otherwise your website must work.

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

12 January 2009 at 6:48pm

Edited: 12/01/2009 6:48pm

Actually, this is most probably because your .htaccess file is set up for the subfolder. To fix this, you need to open up /.htaccess, and do the following:

REPLACE: RewriteBase /subfolder/
WITH:    RewriteBase /

samadeus

Community Member, 27 Posts

13 January 2009 at 6:12am

ajshort

Thanks a 1000. works like a charm on my domain.

Nivanka'

I have installed the plugin you have mentioned, but for some strange reason the text editor field of the Widget (content) is not visible. i tried to realod and refresh nothing helps.