Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem with Site Search from Tutorial 4

Go to End

4 Posts   2424 Views

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

14 January 2009 at 3:16pm

I have worked through Tutorial 4 and have successfully got the search dialog box to appear. However when I enter a search string and press the button no resulsts are returned and no errors appear. The title for the page has changed to "Search Results but it is still on the page that the search was executed from. The page has however lost everything except the basic text that was entered through the CMS.

It seems to me that the Page_Results.ss form is not being found and it is reverting to a very basic form of page.ss. Help would really be appreciated. I do not want to proceed further with the tutorials until I have sorted this out

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 January 2009 at 5:02pm

make sure you have put Page_Results.ss in the correct place (in 2.2.3 it would be tutorial/templates/Layout/, in 2.3 you would need to have it in themes/tutorial/templates/Layout/).

Also post your Page.php code (via pastie.org)

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

14 January 2009 at 6:15pm

I'm running 2.2.2 will this be a problem? I have created my own theme and have been doing all the tutorial work under this so currently page_results is in \themes\miketest\templates\layout. Is this OK?

I'm afraid you have lost me with pastie.org. I have never used this. What do I have to do to use pastie.org?

Attached is a copy of page.php if that is of any help

Breastfed

Community Member, 44 Posts

7 March 2009 at 8:40am

I have a Problem too.

I add all Files to the Folders, but i receive nothing. No Error, No Result.

I typed "Asdf" at the Top of Page_resuls.ss to see i the Site is beinng loaded, but there is no "Asdf" shown.

What could be wrong?