Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image upload problem - v2.2.3

Go to End

16 Posts   5119 Views

cappelmans

Community Member, 6 Posts

3 February 2009 at 4:02am

I had contact with the hosting provider. He told me that the open_basedir actually couldn't be the problem, because it should be defined correctly:

open_basedir /var/www/vhosts/stijlgoed.nl/httpdocs:/tmp:/home/vhosts/stijlgoed.nl/httpdocs

It seems OK indeed... So I don't know what to try next! I hope someone can help!

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

4 February 2009 at 2:57am

yes i can help ;)

you have to set your folders "assets, mysite, themes" so 777, you know what i mean?
look, that you set these folder to 777 and the containing subfolders and files too, then i will work i think!

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

4 February 2009 at 3:00am

He already tried chmodding the Assets directory.

What is the point of chmodding the themes and mysite directories ?

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

4 February 2009 at 3:18am

hm i read this thread but did not recognize that he did it already^^

hm, i always do chmodding at themes and mysite too. for sure, its only usefull for assets, but when i started for some month ago with silverstripe, i think there was told to the users to chmodding themes and mysite too. then i did it everytime since today :P

hmm.. what about the .htaccess? what value should it have? 777?

greetz

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

4 February 2009 at 3:22am

Other than the Assets directory, there is no need to change the rights.

mightymike

Community Member, 1 Post

16 April 2009 at 1:47pm

got the same problem like yours. i just chmod to 777 the "assets" folder and also its subfolder "Uploads" and it work. hope it will help.

mike

Thinkingspace

Community Member, 3 Posts

26 April 2009 at 8:02pm

Just to say that I also had problems uploading an image only to realize that I did not have read permissions for it. Yes, I know this sounds dumb, but the image had been saved by another CMS and I wanted to copy across data from its resources directory. Anyway, hopefully this post may save someone wasting time doing the same thing.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

26 April 2009 at 9:33pm

@Thinkingspace: Glad you could resolve that issue.

@SalvaStripe:
hmm.. what about the .htaccess? what value should it have? 777?

Just to clarify: You should never set the permission bits of the .htaccess file to 777. 644 will do.

Go to Top