Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can not add new folder to Files & Images

Go to End

6 Posts   1666 Views

Yellow7 Jon

Community Member, 39 Posts

23 January 2009 at 10:08am

Hey guys, I've got a site that is about to go live and handed to the client, but for some reason I keep having this one problem.

I can not create a new folder either through the Files & Images tab, or through the Insert an Image tool...

The asset folder is currently set to 777 and everything, i can upload files, it can resample them, everything except create a folder...

any help would be much appreciated!

Yellow7 Jon

24 January 2009 at 5:19am

anything :(

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 January 2009 at 3:21pm

can you create the directory via FTP and have it appear in the CMS?. As long as assets is chmod 777 you shouldnt have any issues.. Do you get any error messages from SilverStripe when you are creating the folder?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

26 January 2009 at 4:31am

sounds like my problem.... there is a patch :

http://silverstripe.org/customising-the-cms/show/250920

Yellow7 Jon

27 January 2009 at 1:23pm

Yeah, it seems like the same problem as Fuzz10, I can add directories just fine (i have to create the _resampled folder) and they show up in the cms.

Ill give that patch a try tomorrow while I'm at work and let you know how it works.

Thanks!

Yellow7 Jon

28 January 2009 at 6:11am

Now the patched file did not work, but the fixes listed in the diff, DID work... so yes, Thank you very much for that!