Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem subscribing to posts?

Go to End

5 Posts   913 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

19 April 2014 at 11:07pm

Hi,

It seems I can no longer subscribe to posts, making it hard to keep up with topics I contributed to.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Martine

Sygmoral

Community Member, 46 Posts

22 April 2014 at 6:17am

Edited: 22/04/2014 6:24am

Indeed, something is wrong with that functionality -- at least when you click the "Subscribe" button on the bottom right of the topic view: it causes an internal server error. Normally hidden because it tries to load with ajax, but it becomes clear when you open the link in a new tab/window.

Using the "Subscribe to this topic" checkbox while replying still works, though. I just used that on this topic, and I also succesfully received emails about my topic in Upgrading Silverstripe that I created just two days ago.

So it's just that button that stopped working, both [Subscribe] and [Unsubscribe].

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

22 April 2014 at 9:52am

Thanks for reporting, if you have a moment perhaps you could install the forum module on a clean 3.1 install to see if the same problem occurs. Keen to work out if it is the module that needs fixing or if we have a bug in our community site.

Feel free to drop a report back here :)

Meanwhile I'll see if anyone is about internally that could take a look.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

22 April 2014 at 8:28pm

Edited: 22/04/2014 8:30pm

Hi Cam,

What would be the preferred way to report a problem with these online forums (as opposed to the module)? Used to be the feedback form at the bottom of the site, but is it still? I reported this about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure it ever made it through...

Edit: forgot to subscribe :)

Martine

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

22 April 2014 at 9:02pm

Thanks, and good point... I need to find out where that form is sending things!

It was mentioned internally that this might have something to do with a regression from work done to fix a security issue involving the CSRF tokens last month. This might explain it and lead us to a fix: http://www.silverstripe.org/ss-2014-008-lack-of-csrf-tokens-in-forum-module/