Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

500 Internal Server Error On Some Pages

Go to End

4 Posts   2170 Views

matm00

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 February 2009 at 11:07pm

I'm trying out Silverstripe and I've started to create a site from the default install. All my pages are showing correctly and are editable in the directory tree of the admin section. However, on the main site when I try to access some of them they throw up a 500 Internal Server Error. This only happens on some of the pages, not all. Can anyone help shed some light on this?

matm00

6 February 2009 at 1:06am

Any suggestions?

OnebyOne

Community Member, 54 Posts

6 February 2009 at 6:08am

Edited: 06/02/2009 6:09am

Go in dev mode put in yourproject/_config.php Director::set_environment_type('dev');

2nd step put in yourproject/_config.php HTTP::set_cache_age(0);

Flush the pages with the problem and see if it's working.

I had some 500 problems with the amin zone
http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/253547

matm00

6 February 2009 at 10:21pm

OneByOne, thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't worked. I'm going to have to delete all the pages that aren't working and add them again.

I'm concerned that SilverStripe has 'fallen over' so quickly and so easily simply by adding new pages. If it's like this for me (I work on websites all the time so I would hope I know what I'm doing), you can be sure that my clients are definitely going to have problems!...