Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't stay Logged in to admin: Forbidden error: error saving page

Go to End

42 Posts   13556 Views

ryanwachtl

Community Member, 46 Posts

2 March 2009 at 6:54pm

I just moved a site over to a new host and now I can't stay logged in to the admin. I can log in and sometimes it will let me save a page once but after that I will either get a "Forbidden" JavaScript prompt or an "error saving page" message from the cms at the bottom left of the page.

Where can I start to debug or trouble shoot this?

We are running SIlverStripe 2.3.0 on Apache 2.2.8 with PHP 5.2.6

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

ryanwachtl

5 March 2009 at 8:39am

Noticed that the server is running PHP as cgi ( CGI/FastCGI ). Is there anything related to file permissions that I should check out?

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

5 March 2009 at 9:23am

Hi Web Architect,

This is a bit of a strange problem and we'll need your help to debug it. The core development team haven't spent a huge amount of time using SilverStripe on CGI, so it's possible that it's part of the problem, but we don't know for sure.

Can you:

* put your site into dev mode, as indicated here: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=debugging#dev_mode
* visit the CMS with Firefox and Firebug installed
* use the CMS, saving content, until this error occurs
* look in the firebug console to find the URL that was submitted, and the text of the resulting error.

Then post those two pieces of information here.

Thanks,
Sam

ryanwachtl

5 March 2009 at 10:00am

I'm trying to work with Firebug right now but I keep getting this message when the admin loads "The CMS requires that you have JavaScript enabled." I don't have JavaScript disabled anywhere all I did was enable the Firebug console for my domain?

Anyway, Using Safari Web Inspector I get the following COnsole error...

"Refused to set unsafe header Connection"

When the SilverStripe CMS gives me the "error loading page" error in the lower left of the screen when I try to load a page from the Site Content.

ryanwachtl

5 March 2009 at 10:02am

So far no errors in my PHP log.

ryanwachtl

5 March 2009 at 10:26am

In regards to Firebug. If I login to SS admin, wait until the page loads, then enable the Firebug console for my domain. I am immediately directed back to the SS login screen?

ryanwachtl

6 March 2009 at 8:17am

Ok, I'm officially confused now. I got Firebug working on my domain. Attached is a screen shot of errors from the console.

The problem seems to be with two files...

1. base.js

2. leftandmain.js

Both of these files are being referenced from my assets folder. Why is SS looking and creating these files in my assets folder? If I erase them SS recreates them when I login to the admin.

Along with the these errors I am still unable to stay logged in to the Admin for more then 1 request.

I would appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Ryan

Attached Files
ryanwachtl

7 March 2009 at 9:40am

Here is the line that results in the 403 forbidden error.

line 61 base.js

this.setRequestHeaders();var body=this.options.postBody?this.options.postBody:parameters;this.transport.send(this.options.method=='post'?body:null);}catch(e){this.dispatchException(e);}},setRequestHeaders:function(){var requestHeaders=['X-Requested-With','XMLHttpRequest','X-Prototype-Version',Prototype.Version];if(this.options.method=='post'){requestHeaders.push('Content-type','application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8');if(this.transport.overrideMimeType)
62requestHeaders.push('Connection','close');}

Go to Top