Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Tag Individual Images / Media Files in New SStripe?

Go to End

4 Posts   1803 Views

Henderson

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 March 2009 at 10:48am

Hello,

I am needing to tag individual nature images (and ideally short video / audio files) and then to list those images in various ways according to those tags.

Is that possible in the new SilverStripe? If not, is it planned? If not, can I request this as an addition?

Thanks in advance,

Henderson.

ootersplace

Community Member, 16 Posts

8 March 2009 at 11:14am

I don't think there's anything like that built into SilverStripe, but will be happily corrected if I'm wrong.

One option may be to use a service like Flickr.

But if you wanted to stay in the CMS, a very non-elegant solution might be to create a subpage for each multimedia item. You can use your title field to insert your tags, or create a custom page with a "tags" field. Then you should be able to search for the tags and display them on another page accordingly.

Karl.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 March 2009 at 11:49am

I think this is going to be a more requested addition as more sites with more media start to use SS using the current file hierarchy may get a bit confusing. One way I think you would be able to do this (if you have php knowledge) is to use DataObjectDecorator - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=dataobjectdecorator to decorate the File class with your own CustomFile class and add the fields you require.

Henderson

Community Member, 4 Posts

9 March 2009 at 7:21am

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this functionality can be added, it would be quite useful I think.