Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Go to End

9 Posts   3260 Views

hank

Community Member, 10 Posts

11 March 2009 at 5:15pm

Hello

This is an elementary question, I'm sure. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Silver Stripe and began building a site. Everything was fine; I could work in the CMS no problem. Today, when I tried to get into the CMS I was faced with a log-in request, asking for my email and password. Uh, it's on my computer, but I cannot get in. I do not recall ever being asked for those details. What do I do?

Hank

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

11 March 2009 at 7:47pm

You can set these during the install process - however, since you can't remember seeing the setting you probably just left it as the default admin/password - try logging in with those details.

hank

12 March 2009 at 2:33am

Hmmm . . . you are right. I did miss that step. Tried the admin/password details, but to no avail.

hank

12 March 2009 at 3:07am

Would it help to try a flush?

hank

12 March 2009 at 10:47am

Now localhost:8888 will not work either. I get a page loading error. Can anyone help me on this?

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

12 March 2009 at 10:55am

hank

12 March 2009 at 11:42am

Thanks Ben. I think it will / could help, but I cannot even get localhost:8888 to work so as to get to the point where I could test email / password. Betraying my ignorance, I know.

hank

12 March 2009 at 12:03pm

Duh. MAMP was not open. So then in which _config.php do I add this line: Security::setDefaultAdmin(’admin’,’password’), the cms or Sapphire? Sorry, a bit of hand-holding still required.

Go to Top