Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Site defaulting to login page.

Go to End

8 Posts   2249 Views

designerdre

Community Member, 19 Posts

27 March 2009 at 5:07am

Rather than displaying the homepage of the website when the homepage URL is requested it redirects to /Security/login. Instead of spending hours poking around I'm hoping that someone would be able to graciously give me the guidance that is needed here.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

30 March 2009 at 7:55pm

Hi.
I'm not sure if;
a) You're trying to get Security/login to show up whenever somebody visits your home-page. Or...
b) Your problem is, that Security/login shows up where your home-page should be.

To solve a)
You could change your home-page to a redirector page (Behaviour tab), pointing to Security/login.

To solve b)
Have a look at the "Access" tab of your home-page. Do some restrictions apply there?

Best - Roman

designerdre

Community Member, 19 Posts

3 April 2009 at 11:27am

Thanks a million! My problem was (b) and your suggestion worked. Thanks again.

Junglefish

Community Member, 109 Posts

25 August 2010 at 9:22pm

I'm having the same problem (ie. b above), but my access tab settings seem fine. Where else can I look?

jf/

1k2k3

Community Member, 15 Posts

30 August 2010 at 6:31pm

Edited: 30/08/2010 6:41pm

try doing and it will recreate the homepage.

http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build

Also look into index.php file within the SilverStripe Directory.

Junglefish

30 August 2010 at 7:21pm

Hi 1k2k3

I have already tried re-building several times, but no joy there.

Can you tell me which index.php you are referring to? There isn't one directly in the SilverStripe directory.

jf/

1k2k3

Community Member, 15 Posts

31 August 2010 at 4:56pm

Edited: 31/08/2010 5:01pm

So If you delete "home" you will get an error. If you then flush the database it will recreate a "home" page.

http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build/?flush=1

After flushing the database, change the page type of the homepage in the CMS, under the “Behaviour” tab. Change it to HomePage, and click “Save Draft” and “Publish”.
reference: http://doc.silverstripe.org/tutorial:1-building-a-basic-site

Well my silverstripe has an Index.php file inside the root directory, I'm not sure whether or not its relevant I was just saying you could give it a go. But I'd recommend flushing your DB and then recreating a new homepage.

Attached Files
Junglefish

31 August 2010 at 8:19pm

Hi again

Yep, in fact that's what I had to do - destroy my old homepage and recreate a new one. Why would I have to do this? I'm still not sure. I took a look in the database to see if there was something odd about the old record but nothing stood out.

So, for me, case closed, but I'm not really much the wiser...

jf/