Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

jQuery Cycle Lite Plugin and SilverStripe

Go to End

14 Posts   11781 Views

Community Member, 904 Posts

10 April 2009 at 3:04am

Most likely it's because there's a variable name clash? Could it be that prototype or some other library is being loaded that shadows the $ variable? Maybe you should have a look in firebug which javascript files are being loaded.

Forum Moderator, 1307 Posts

9 July 2009 at 2:25am

I stumbled upon this thread as I'm re. new to jQuery - a bit late maybe, but I thought to let you know anyhow: for me it worked when I added '$' to the function as I saw here: somewhere halfway down the page.

<script type="text/javascript">
	jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {

Chip Designs

Community Member, 15 Posts

25 June 2010 at 2:54pm

Hey Martimiz,

You're not too late. Your solution is the only one that worked for me. Thanks heaps!!

Community Member, 39 Posts

25 June 2010 at 3:25pm

Edited: 25/06/2010 3:25pm

Another way to do this (Banal actually helped with on another post a while back) is have your JQuery syntax like this...

;(function($) {
	$(document).ready(function() {

You just wrap JQuery in this function which will then negate any conflicts of the usage of the '$' sign.

Community Member, 19 Posts

26 May 2011 at 11:43pm

I know this thread is old but just wanted to say thankyou edk - your sample is the only one that would work for me.

Community Member, 90 Posts

30 May 2011 at 10:58am

sounds like its a common problem with the conflict between Jquery and prototype lib.

Go to Top