Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe cheat sheet

Go to End

14 Posts   7806 Views

ptr

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 April 2009 at 7:05pm

Hi,

I just searched for a cheat sheet, but the only post I found about this topic is this one in the archive: http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/48771

Maybe I could start one by myself, but I think my knowledge of SilverStripe is still very weak. Are there any other attempts to create a handy piece of paper for everyday use?

Greetings from Germany,
Peter

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

9 April 2009 at 10:17pm

Hi Peter

I am trying to do something similar with the 'Snippets' section on SSbits.com although it may be a bit more random than a proper cheat sheet.

I can see that having a structured cheat sheet would be a great resource so maybe we can put one together for a single post on the site?

What sort of things would you envisage being in there?

Aram

ptr

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 April 2009 at 10:40pm

Hi Aram,

I thought about someting like the Cheat Sheet for jQuery from A Coding Fool.

Some topics that could be included:

The list does not feel to be complete yet. Additions are very welcome :)

Peter

btw: nice site that you are running!

dab

Community Member, 50 Posts

9 April 2009 at 11:33pm

Edited: 09/04/2009 11:36pm

Hello guys, great idea.
I will prepare pdf and wallpaper version of this cheat sheet for SilverStripe. So if you have any advices - write it in this post. Together we may do usable thing.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

9 April 2009 at 11:39pm

Ahh ok now I see what you mean, thats a great idea.

I will try and setup a way for us to work on it together, perhaps a google spreadsheet or something to begin with?

I will have a think about what can go into it, your suggestions are a good starting point. I think the best approach would be to have a template cheat sheet and a seperate Sapphire cheat sheet.

If you send a message to aram[at]ssbits.com we can go from there. And if anyone else wants to help just send a mail too :)

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

20 August 2009 at 12:18am

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

20 August 2009 at 2:36am

So is the wiki the collaboration point on the cheat sheet? I'm only about 2 weeks deep in this CMS and have loads of little things I've learned that I could contribute.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

24 August 2009 at 2:12pm

Hi all,

Spent a few minutes whipping up a printable cheatsheet. This is heavily influenced by my needs, but I've also use the wiki cheat sheet page and arams ssbits suggestions for ideas.

See attached. Comments welcome.

For best results, print it duplex with the reverse side upside down for easy flip-ability, laminate and serve.

Attached Files
Go to Top