Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

mbregex compile error?!

Go to End

9 Posts   3736 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 April 2009 at 3:06am

My client switched hosts, and now Silverstripe is throwing an error on every page:

mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: unmatched close parenthesis
GET /?flush=1

Line 494 in sapphire/core/SSViewer.php

Surely this has something to do with the mbregex module configuration? I've seen very little written about this. I've tried changing the mbstring.func_overload to a number of different values. Nothing seems to work. Very frustrating!

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

12 November 2009 at 11:29am

I just got the same error installing base onto my openhost account, any help out there?

UncleCheese

12 November 2009 at 11:33am

Strap yourself in. You're in for a wild ride. This error sucks.

youngmug

Community Member, 19 Posts

12 November 2009 at 12:12pm

Based on some info over in the all pages display blank? topic, it's an issue with OpenHost's PHP configuration.

You'll need to set mbstring.func_overload to 0 in php.ini.

Dave L

12 November 2009 at 12:17pm

Thanks,

I've tried the ini_set and .htaccess options but no joy, so I'm waiting for them to complete a ticket re: https://support.webhost.co.nz/index.php?group=openhost&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=380

Cheers youngmug

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

13 November 2009 at 9:20am

Edited: 13/11/2009 9:20am

EDIT: Yeah, what youngmug said

UncleCheese

13 November 2009 at 9:23am

I've set the mbstring.overload every which way, and although it quiets the error sometimes, it still shows up intermittently.

Dave L

13 November 2009 at 9:27am

>I've set the mbstring.overload every which way, and although it quiets the error sometimes, it still shows up intermittently.

Eek, that's not good. Is this on a variety of hosts, or one host in particular? Is the error always thrown on the same piece of code?

Go to Top