Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Where is the security section be called

Go to End

6 Posts   1223 Views

zcm211

Community Member, 18 Posts

16 April 2009 at 9:30pm

Where is the security section be called?

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

17 April 2009 at 3:04am

Hi,

Not quite sure what you're looking for. Are you wanting to know how to password-protect pages?

Ben

zcm211

17 April 2009 at 3:34am

Sorry, my English is poor. I mean the security module in sapphire. I checked the security.php file, I just want to know where the core use security class, do you understand what I say?
see the pic attahced.

Attached Files
Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

17 April 2009 at 11:29pm

Are you looking for where the core classes use class Security? If so, searching those files for "Security" should help you out.

Ben

zcm211

19 April 2009 at 3:50am

Yes,I want to know that. And I found that the security class is used at:
if (Director::isLive()) {
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
}

but I' m not sure if I understand the exact meaning of the security purpose, because that the annotation of the security.php file tells that this class is used to "Implements a basic security model". What is a security model? Where dose it begin? Does it begin at if(Director::isLive) since this class has used some method of class security?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 April 2009 at 5:32pm

Director has nothing to do with the security model. That deals with another part of silverstripe - the ability to have sites in development mode (show full error messages) and sites in live mode. Sites in live mode may implement parts of the security model - eg to run dev/build on the live mode you will need to login to the site as an administrator first.

Most of the class's and code relating to the Security model is in /sapphire/security/*.

For more information on the security model see http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=security