Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

YouTube v2.3

Go to End

20 Posts   5241 Views

Fran

Community Member, 8 Posts

8 May 2009 at 8:35pm

Hi, I am using Firefox3 on Ubuntu Jaunty and cannot have the mp4 video showing in a window instead linking to the Youtube website. I googled on it and found an interesting long post on the issue with IE. See http://www.stickmanlabs.com/2007/07/10/lightwindow-v20-released//.
This do not help me but with a js debugger I traced 2 errors regarding the lightwindow_navigation set to null. See attached screenshot.

I am not sure what to do and will carry on looking for answers.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks and Bravo to all contributing to SilverStripe. I am new to it and like this CMS.

François (or Frenchy)

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

8 May 2009 at 9:27pm

Hey Frenchy,

I'm getting the same error! I'm not a pro at javascript so i have no idea how to fix.

Juan: Hi. Yep i installed the entire trunk. Does the lightbox work for you?

Please keep me posted. I'd really like to fix this problem.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

8 May 2009 at 9:44pm

Hi!

Yes, it works, with a nuance: in the YouTubeGallery page the videos open in a lightwindow, in the home page, where I present the latest one, it opens on the full navigator window. From my side the problem is minor: the home page does not include de required JavaScript, it should be resolved in less than a minute. Unhappily I'm on a tight schedule for other project and can't investigate further your problem, but I'll try to take a look at the code over the week-end. I'm neither a JavaScript pro, so I hope somebody more knowledgeable will help you both before.

Best regards,
Juan

Briohny

8 May 2009 at 9:53pm

Thanks Juan... appreciate your quick response. Maybe we are using different versions of SS?? What version of SS are you using?

Juanitou

8 May 2009 at 10:02pm

Briohny

8 May 2009 at 10:07pm

Mmmm... that's weird.

Fran

Community Member, 8 Posts

9 May 2009 at 6:49am

I finally have it showing in Lightwindow. I found the answer on a previous post. See http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/7080?start=0#post157101.

As per Willr, I simply modified the YoutubeGallery.php to include the following lines in the init function:

Requirements::block("jsparty/scriptaculous.js");
      Requirements::block("jsparty/prototype.js");
      Requirements::block("jsparty/prototype_improvements.js");
      Requirements::block("jsparty/loader.js");
      Requirements::block("jsparty/behaviour.js");

Hope that works for you.

Juanitou

9 May 2009 at 7:09am

Hi!

Nice to hear it works for you, I hope it'll be the case for Briohny. But I'm curious: how it comes you were loading two versions of JS code? It is related to allowing comments or including a form on the YouTubeGallery page? (if I understood well).

Best regards,
Juan