Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Content Editor is not resizing

Go to End

5 Posts   1978 Views

anthias

Community Member, 14 Posts

4 May 2009 at 6:07am

Hi Folks!
My Content Editor is not resizing - I am using the latest SilverStripe Release.

Unfortunately, my editing field ("Content Editor - see attached images) is not resizing according to my browser height nor my content.
The editor is "stuck" to a certain height - if there is more content - a scrollbar appears. Not so handy at all.
Any ideas - how I can get the CMS editor in full size?

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

13 May 2009 at 10:00pm

Hi Anthias

This is actually the default behavior in 2.3.1. Since the toolbar is now attached to the editor, if the editor expands with content you end up having to scroll up the page to use the tools.

You can still enable it by going to cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js and setting auto_resize to true

I prefer enabling fullscreen mode in the editor. You can do that by adding ,fullscreen to the list of buttons on line 34 of the same file: theme_advanced_buttons1.

The downside to fullscreen is that you can't use any of the SS spcecific buttons such as link,image and flash when in this mode, and if you do it breaks the interface and the page has to be refreshed (luckily you can still save before refreshing).

Hope that helps.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

17 May 2009 at 3:42am

You can enable manual resizing by adding these options to the tinymce.template.js:

theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
theme_advanced_resizing : true,
theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : true,

You will then be able to resize the editor by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner.

I see that fullscreen has been added in 2.3.2, which is great, but resizing like this doesn't seem to break the links and attachments buttons, as Aram mentioned.

I personally find this option a godsend for working with long copy pages, is there any intention of adding this to the core at any time?

If not, I need to find a way to make it into a module... Not sure how I would do that though.

Mo

anthias

Community Member, 14 Posts

18 May 2009 at 12:13am

Thanks to both of you!
Works fine now!

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

23 May 2009 at 3:11pm

I have tried both of these options. Being able to resize with the corner is nice, but when you use the images or links the resized editor remains under.

I have been staying with 2.2 because of this one issue. My clients are simple and will not figure this out.

Is there an option to have pages available with the toolbar on the top like 2.2? Where the page stretches?

I can see the use of how 2.3 allows multi editors into one window, but my clients will never need this functionality. And if they did, I could always install 2.3 for that client.