Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Dev/build issues

Go to End

3 Posts   909 Views

Newtothis

Community Member, 4 Posts

20 July 2014 at 2:02pm

Hi There,
I'm new to this, I was going through the first tutorial and I'm having trouble here: Create a new file HomePage.php in mysite/code and then dev/build to add the new page into the CMS, I've done this and after dev/build it says 'database build successful' but its not adding in anything new. In the CMS, when I go to a page and look for other page type in the drop down list, the new page type I just created is not in the list. I've tried ?Flush1 and ?FlushAll as well. I'm using Dreamweaver CS5 and WAMP server as the local host. The local host appears to be working, its shows as a green icon at least somethings clearly not communicating but I'm not sure what.
Any advice appreciated.
Claire

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

20 July 2014 at 5:28pm

Can you post you HomePage.php code verbatim, if you have a syntax error you might find that it does not show up in the "Add Page" section.

Also, I just recently posted a new installation guide for WAMP over at http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/installation/windows-wamp it might help with some of the WAMP configuration.

Newtothis

Community Member, 4 Posts

20 July 2014 at 6:05pm

It was copied from the tutorial : http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/1-building-a-basic-site
It said:
Create a new file HomePage.php in mysite/code. Copy the following code into it:
<?php
class HomePage extends Page {
}
class HomePage_Controller extends Page_Controller {
}
So I did this, I then went to my site and appended dev/build and it returned build was successful. But nothing new was added, I could when it was building the datacase it wasn't actually finding any new files.

I only just installed WAMP and Silverstipe yesterday and followed the instructions in the silverstripe video tutorial.