Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

nestedurls branch

Go to End

3 Posts   1314 Views

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

10 May 2009 at 2:55pm

Hi, I was just wondering what the state of the nestedurls branch is? I know it's not due until 2.4 but I was wondering how up-to-date it is with the stable release and whether anyone's had any luck getting it to work. I'm guessing it's relatively old since the code looks very different from 2.3, even in parts that have nothing to do with URLs.

I've been having a go at it but it seems like I'm running into error after error, particularly around forms in the CMS. So yeah has anyone gotten it to a working state or is it something I'll have to live without for now?

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

10 May 2009 at 3:44pm

Edited: 10/05/2009 3:45pm

Hey There, I'm the maintainer for the nestedurls branch.

The code in the nestedurls branch is very up to date, but is actually based off trunk rather than the 2.3 branch. I (and others, including the core SilverStripe team) have used the branch successfully for multiple projects, and it seems to be working fine overall. Could you elaborate on your projects perhaps?

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

10 May 2009 at 4:31pm

Well I'm pretty stoked to hear that...http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/sapphire/branches/nestedurls IS the place to get the latest version?

I've basically had problems I've had so far:
TreeDropdownField - needed to remove a section of TreeDropdownField::tree() that was throwing the "TreeDropdownField->tree(): the object #$ID of type $this->sourceClass could not be found" exception...just commenting out that block seems to make it work fine.

Folder - had to remove the code that adds the "Unused files" tab because it didn't think Folder_UnusedAssetsField existed, or something to that effect.

Form - had to change "return $this->controller->Link($this->name);" to "return Controller::join_links($this->controller->Link(), $this->name);" in Form::FormAction() so the tree dropdown in Image fields would load. Otherwise it had a "Action 'field' isn't allowed on class Image_Uploader" JS error.
Also commented out the "if($this->validator->getErrors()) {}" block in Form::FormAttributes() because little popup forms in the CMS had [null] validators and it was causing an error.

Of course for all I know I might have managed to download and old version or something...