Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Search Function acting very weird

Go to End

2 Posts   1593 Views

bokkers

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 May 2009 at 12:11am

Edited: 14/05/2009 2:14am

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Silverstripe but I got it running and customized pretty quickly thanks to all the tutorials online. There's one thing though that's making me scratch my head in wonder at what's going on:

When I use the search function, the results are pretty non-sensical (they don't relate to the term searched for) and even include links to a couple of pictures (the silverstripe logo e.g.) and js-files.

To customize the search form and button I messed around with the Search form. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. Would really appreciate any form of help.
Cheers

bokkers

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 May 2009 at 2:13am

OK, solved the problem myself. I checked which files exactly I had edited, and it turned that in my youthful *cough* enthusiasm I had directly messed with the file:

mysite/code/Page.php

Had changed the term "Search" a couple of times to German words in a hamfisted attempt to change the labeling of the search field and button. As you can see from another post I made I have no idea how to change the language of my Silverstripe site. That's what made me do this.

Anyway, by restoring the original file my problem was solved.

Cheers