Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Limit CMS to single interface

Go to End

4 Posts   1032 Views

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

14 May 2009 at 10:03am

I have written a custom class that extends LeftAndMain. This appears as one of the main Tabs in the CMS. When a person in a particular group logs into the CMS I want to show only my custom tab and maybe the help tab. If I give permissions to only access my tab in Security then the user is not allowed to log in. If I have any of the built in tabs enabled along with my custom one then just those two show up. Is there a way to make my custom tab be the only one that shows up?

micahsheets

4 June 2009 at 6:01am

I am going to bump this thread by explaining a bit better what I really need. I can create a user that when logged in only sees the Files & Images tab and my custom tab in the CMS. However as soon as I take away the Files & Images permissions the user can no longer log into the CMS. Alternatively I can set the user to only see Site Content and my custom tab. If I want the user to only see Files & Images I can set that and it works. So how do I make my own ModelAdmin tab be the only one?

micahsheets

6 June 2009 at 4:40am

I have found that while extending LeftAndMain to include a new tab it is not easily able to be made to work well with the security system. However by extending ModelAdmin instead I can set a user to only have access to my subclass. This way when they log into the CMS they see only the tab I want them to see.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 June 2009 at 3:37pm

Have you looked under the permission control in the Security tab of the CMS. You could make a new group for your user and then just give them access permission to AssetAdmin and anything other tabs which they need