Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

What languages/characters are supported in silverstripe?

Go to End

2 Posts   1285 Views

nishnish

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 May 2009 at 8:23pm

hi all, I've had a search thru for the info we're after, and while we've found lots of good info about integrating the languages features, I can't quite find the answer to what languages and characters are supported in silverstripe.

rather than using an auto-translation function, we just want to be able to set up the pages, and then enter the specific content for each language. based on other people's posts, I can see how languages that use the english alphabet are supported, and have seen mention of russian and arabic, but we actually need to know specifically if cantonese language characters are supported?

is there a list of which languages/characters are, or can someone confirm if we could use cantonese?

cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 May 2009 at 8:31pm

For a list of supported (or started) translations see - http://translate.silverstripe.com/. These are translations for the CMS/ Forms etc. You can translate your page content into anything you wanted!