Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blank screen on flush commands, no error logs

Go to End

4 Posts   933 Views

KimS

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 August 2014 at 4:07am

I have recently set up my site on ipage.com hosting, install was fine with a few minor issues with server permissions which were fixed.

I was able to run dev/build and ?flush=all fine until I started trying to change the template. I am not sure what is going on, the templates run fine, but I am recieving a blank HTML Page whenever I try to run a flush, and my templates will not change.

I have tried to set a silverstripe-cache file in the root folder of my site, but this has made no difference, even with code to direct the cache there in my SS Environment file. (it is currently on a live server, environment set to dev)

I have tried setting up error reporting as well, but this error is not returning any logs. It just doesn't seem to be recognising the command, it used to ask me to login before it would let me run a flush.

Ideally I want that functionality back, I am not sure why it disappeared.

Help? Please ask if you need my SS environment file or something, I'm desperate to avoid having to do a fresh install if I can avoid it.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

5 August 2014 at 6:46am

Hi,

Please read "Common problems (Server error, white screen)" under the FAQ :)
http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16055

KimS

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 August 2014 at 8:37pm

Hi,

as I said, i have gone through those pages before to try to get an answer to this problem.
I will go through it again, and if I still can't fix it I will come back with more information.

Thanks

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

5 August 2014 at 8:48pm

I didn't spot the bit where you had dev mode on to see the debug messages, of course the server logs (e.g. php errors) are also often helpful.