Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Strange CMS error.

Go to End

5 Posts   1222 Views

NeoTech

Community Member, 5 Posts

22 May 2009 at 12:56am

I have a little bit of a weird problem with the CMS.. after trying to make a module for the CMS. The UI generator start acting up..

The initial render of the Administration UI works fine. But now the tabs dont render properly anymore..
I have removed my mod, and even reinstalled Silverstripe to a blank databasen and the error persist.

Check attached file for more info..

Attached Files
NeoTech

22 May 2009 at 1:12am

It seems like it is my theme that are messing about with the administration.. how can that be?!

NeoTech

22 May 2009 at 1:31am

Tried something..

I opened the _conf.php file in mysite.. And pressed the "About" page in the admin and clicked the behaviour and todo tabs.. worked fine..

Then without reloading the page, i changed the theme in _conf.php file. And then clicked the todo tab and behaviour tab. And then it didnt work..

I changed the theme back again and pressed the tabs and it works fine, note this is without reloading the page.

NeoTech

22 May 2009 at 1:41am

Now i found out why the error occured.. now is the question why..

i had put a file in my include that were called "Form.ss", and i did it to reformat the generic form on my frontend..

The facinating thing is that Silverstripe uses the same Form.ss file in my theme for the Admin... Why?!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 May 2009 at 1:03pm

Because Form is used to render all the forms on the site. It is the default template. If you want a custom template for your form you will need to override the renderWith() function on your form object

Note that as you have found out SS allows you to theme the cms from your themes folder so you need to be a bit careful with where you place elements.